Students Entering Year 12
The Lynfield College Curriculum is designed to meet the needs of students by providing a wide variety of courses available for selection. As students will be entering their second year of NCEA, it is important that they choose their courses wisely, beginning to consider career and course pathways.
Students entering Year 12 at Lynfield College are expected to take SIX courses.
A well balanced course programme is required.
- All students must take an English course. (All students must do four consecutive years of English - Years 9 to 12.)
- Students with appropriate Level 2 results may do Level 3 courses.
- Most courses consist of 16-20 credits.
- Achievement Standards and Unit Standards can provide credits for Tertiary entrance or qualifications - see the most up to date University Entrance requirements which can be found in the careers centre.
- To obtain Level 2 National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA), a candidate needs to get at least 60 credits.
- Students aiming to do a degree at a tertiary institution should take great care that their selected courses are also available as a Level 3 course. It is a good idea to choose Year 13 courses first and then work backwards to the Year 12 courses that will support these.