Level 2 Business Studies
Teacher in Charge: Ms R. Prasad
Level 2 Business Studies enables students to learn about New Zealand's enterprising culture and encourages them to develop their business knowledge and decision making skills in order to be active participants in New Zealand's economic future. Our students are given opportunities to study large New Zealand businesses with a regional or national significance.
They will gain knowledge and skills by:
- Comparing different business structures and leadership styles
- Researching and reviewing sustainable business practices
- Consulting with community groups to identify a range of community needs
- Planning and carrying out their own social enterprise group project
- Understanding the value of ethics and corporate social responsibility for business success
- Collaborating, problem-solving and making informed business decisions in a team
- Taking on leadership roles and responsibilities in a market research activity
- Seeking mentoring guidance and accepting constructive feedback/feedforward
- Recognizing New Zealand's bicultural heritage and how Maori business concepts align in a business context.
Recommended Prior Learning
Ideally a minimum of 50 Level 1 credits including their Level 1 literacy (10) and numeracy (10) credits, or with HOD's approval. Students who have studied 10COM and achieved the six Level 1 Business Studies credits are encouraged to take this course.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.
Lynfield College has procedures and guidelines for the administering of assessments. Click HERE to go to the school website with more information, and links to the appropriate Year Level Assessment Guides.