Level 1 Drama
Teacher in Charge: Ms C. Nicholson
Recommended Prior Learning
Prior experience in Junior Drama is useful but not essential.
- Well-developed collaborative skills are required as there is significant teamwork involved in this course.
- Students will need to be able to perform in front of an audience.
- Due to the focus on group work, a good attendance record is recommended as a prerequisite for entry.
- develop acting technique
- devise original works for theatre
- interpret scripts and develop character roles
- view and respond to a live professional theatre production
- develop skill in using the drama technologies of lighting, sound and costume for performance projects
The course includes one day trip to see a live theatre performance.
Year 11 Options, Creative Arts
Assessment Policy & Procedures
Level 2 Drama
Actor, Sound Technician, Director (Film, Television, Radio or Stage), Radio Presenter, Production Assistant (Film, Television, Radio or Stage), Lighting Technician, Youth Worker, Television Presenter, Barrister, Legal Executive, Solicitor, Counsellor, Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Primary School Teacher, Secondary School Teacher, Social Worker, Psychotherapist, Career Consultant