Level 2 Drama
Teacher in Charge: Ms S. Allpress
- Develop drama performance techniques through interpreting a scripted role
- Devise original works for performance.
- Gain expertise with theatre technologies: lighting, sound, costume and props
- Perform in a class production which will be staged for an invited audience.
- View a live professional production and write about this in the external exam.
SKILLS: The development of performance ability is relevant to situations that require presentation skills. The ability to communicate clear intentions to an audience is desirable in a number of professions. Self-discipline, focus, confidence and good group co-operative skills are personal attributes valued by employers and tertiary study providers. Learning in Drama supports and compliments learning in: Languages, English, Visual Arts, Social Sciences, Health and Physical Education, Technology and Media Studies.
Recommended Prior Learning
Level 1 Drama is recommended but not essential. There is a significant amount of group work involved in this course, so a good attendance record and positive team work skills are essential prerequisites. IF you are unsure about your eligibility to enroll in this course, please see the HOD of Drama and Dance, Ms Allpress.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 18 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 14 credits.
Lynfield College has procedures and guidelines for the administering of assessments. Click HERE to go to the school website with more information, and links to the appropriate Year Level Assessment Guides.