Level 1 Drama
Teacher in Charge: Ms C. Nicholson
- develop acting technique
- devise original works for theatre
- interpret scripts and develop character roles
- view and respond to a live professional theatre production
- develop skill in using the drama technologies of lighting, sound and costume for performance projects
The course includes one day trip to see a live theatre performance.
Recommended Prior Learning
Prior experience in Junior Drama is useful but not essential.
- Well-developed collaborative skills are required as there is significant teamwork involved in this course.
- Students will need to be able to perform in front of an audience.
- Due to the focus on group work, a good attendance record is recommended as a prerequisite for entry.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 18 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 14 credits.
Lynfield College has procedures and guidelines for the administering of assessments. Click HERE to go to the school website with more information, and links to the appropriate Year Level Assessment Guides.